Do you want to be part of Microtheater Miami?
If you are into theater, an actor, a playwright or director, or if you feel you can be part of MicrotheaterWe’d be happy to hear from you!
“Microtheater Miami in Shorts”
We are looking for four 15 minute original projects for our September 2020 Season. The theme is the environment. The prompt is:
“What would you do if you only had 72 hours to solve the global climate change crisis?”
* This original prompt is up to the complete interpretation of the creator.
· August 3rd – Deadline to receive first drafts and synopsis of the project
· August 10th – Announcement of selected projects
· August 26th – Deadline to send completed final projects
Four (4) projects will be chosen by our evaluation team and will be shown on our Youtube and IGTV Fridays and Saturdays during the month of September.
This is a paid gig: each project selected for showing will receive $500. Once we have selected your project we will notify you of selection and discuss the form of payment. The person receiving the payment of the selected works will have to fill out a W-9 form.
1st project – Sep 4 and 5
2nd project – Sep 11 and 12
3rd project – Sep 18 and 19
4th project – Sep 25 and 26
- The creator has absolute freedom of approach and vision but must be related to the prompt of this season. Your work can be done in any of these performative forms: musical, play or short film.
- The project has to have a beginning, middle and an ending.
- The project must be filmed in landscape to be able to show it in Youtube and in vertical format for IGTV.
- People based outside of Miami are encouraged to submit.
- The project can’t exceed 15 minutes and can’t be less than 10 minutes long.
- All works will be subject to an evaluation for selection by our committee. Whether yours is selected or not to be part of our program Microtheater Miami in Shorts, you will be contacted by the organization informing of the result.
- The evaluation criteria will be based on originality of the story, creativity and artistic quality of the draft submitted.
- The projects will be shown on CCEMiami’s YouTube Channel and Microtheater Miami’s IGTV on the dates mentioned above.
* CCEMiami has the right to remove any project with xenophobic, offensive, and/or discriminatory content towards a specific social group, natural person or legal person.
Texts/ drafts and synopsis of the idea, should be sent in Word or PDF and/or .mp4 video format to Mayte de la Torre: [email protected] (if sending a video, it does not have to be 15 minutes long, as long as your draft gives us a taste of what your full project is, that will be sufficient).
Drafts that are sent after the deadline and those that are not sent to the email specified will not be considered for selection.
Draft and texts submission deadline: August 3rd.
In the email you must include:
The title of the project, the name, email and phone number of the person in charge of the project and the names of other persons involved (if any) with emails.
The person who submits the project must be the creator of the project. If there are more than one, please include their names and contact info in the submission as co-creators.
Also please include city, state, country from where you are sending your project.
IMPORTANT: The author must have the absolute rights of intellectual property. Anything submitted for consideration has to be an original work and must not have been performed elsewhere. Please, add in your e-mail a written statement of original work.
As we are the Cultural Center of Spain, based in Miami, FL we admit submissions in either English or Spanish. We also welcome projects in another languages as long as they have subtitles in either English or Spanish.
* If you are an actor, director, playwright or performance artist of any kind who has never worked with us and would like to in the future, please send us a separate email to [email protected] with your headshot and resume. Your resume and headshot must be in one PDF and your demo-reel (if applicable) should be a Youtube link as “unlisted” with no password please.