Do you want to be part of Microtheater Miami?
If you are into arts, you are motivated, like team work and overall… you love theater, we’d be happy to hear you!
Next Open Call Microtheater Miami
SEASON: LGTBQI ‘Out of the container’
Deadline: April 2nd 2017
- Those interested should send their texts in English or Spanish. The work should last a maximum of fifteen minutes.
- The works will be subject to an evaluation for selection by our literary committee. The shows will perform from May 25th to June 25th 2017 at Microtheater Miami, located in the patio of the CCEMiami.
- The theme for the season is “LGBTQI: Out of the Container” and the playwright has absolute freedom of approach and vision. We are looking for plays, of any genre, that capture the theme for the season.
- Playwrights based outside of Miami are encouraged to submit; if needed, we can assist with procuring a production company.
- Texts should be sent in Word or PDF format. The subject for the e-mail must be TEXTS: LGBTQI. The first page of the attached document should have the title of the play, name, phone and e-mail of the playwright and if the play has a director/cast attached.
- The author must have the absolute rights of intellectual property, either in its original version or adaptation. This is important for the text to be considered.
Send your text to firstname.lastname@example.org by the April 2nd, 2017 deadline. Selected plays will be notified by April 7th 2017.
Texts that are submitted after the deadline and texts that are not sent to the e-mail specified will not be considered for selection.
If you are a theater director please send us your pdf resumé with video or/and pictures of your latest works with a proposal to email@example.com with the subject “Director_En Microtheater Miami”. Videos must be sent through youtube links.
Send us your resumé updated with two headshot pictures and a demo-reel if possible to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Actor Microtheater Miami”. Your remusé must be in pdf, the pictures in jpg and the demo-reel should be a youtube link. If you don’t have one we might ask you to come for an audition if we are interested.
Maybe you’re not a star but can still shine at Microtheater. Let us know if there’s something you think you can give or if there’s something we can do for you. We will be happy to listen! Mail us to email@example.com.
Microtheater Miami is a theatrical convention consisting of works that are less than 15 minutes in length performed in containers that are 20 feet in length for a maximum of 15 spectators.
Each company will be assigned a container, which can be transformed creatively to best suit the needs of the play as long as the property is not damaged.
The works will be evaluated by a committee for selection. If your proposal is accepted, you must report the names of people involved in your production. (Writer, director, set designer, actors etc.).
The company will receive 60% of the box office sales and the author will receive 10%. MICROTHEATER is not responsible for the distribution of pay within the company.
Each work is presented six times, each night.
Prime Time Session: Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 8pm -11pm.
Golfa Session: Friday and Saturday from 11pm – 1am and Sundays from 7pm – 10pm
TICKET PRICE: Tickets are $5 per show for the general public and $4 for members of the Cultural Center of Spain.
Single scenes, performances or other exercises will not be accepted. The call is for plays with a corresponding beginning, middle and end. Furthermore, they must be unpublished texts.
Microtheater Miami is a project of the Centro Cultural Español of Miami.